So, you have spent quite a lot of time looking around for percolators for your water pipe. All the fuss but to no avail. The shops you’ve contacted just didn’t have the “goods” you were looking for.
At Smokey News, we literally have loads of options when it comes to water pipes and percs. Whether you’re looking for Dab Marino, AMG Glass. Chameleon Glass, Killa Glass products, and accessories, Smokey News is your number one smoke glass shop!
We’re going to introduce different types of percolators to use with pipes. How many did you already know about?
- The most simple form is the straight (or diffused down stem) which is simply a tube with slits at the base going under water. The slits let smoke pass through the water and cools it down.
- The tree perc can have anywhere from 4 to 64 arms, which will either be open bottomed or closed, with the slits on the sides. The smaller the slits the smaller the bubbles, the more the diffusion. More arms mean more smoke is separated and this allows for even more filtration and percolation.
- A dome-like enclosure has the slits where the dome meets the bottom.
- Next up are the gridded inline percolators, which have horizontal tubes with gridded slits cut around and under the tubes. They are often called barrel percs too.
- The honeycomb is a type of disc percolator that looks like… well, like a honeycomb. These have more diffusion than a standard disc perc because they have a lot more smaller holes that further divide the smoke that passes through.
- Next one in line is the showerhead, which is a vertical tube that flairs out at the bottom. Diffusion is provided by slits or holes.
- The matrix is a taller puck-type, with lots of tiny holes and a blue and a red pill. Sorry, we had to…
- The stereo matrix fancies two smaller matrix percs stacked on top of each other.
- The Swiss is a vertical type perc which can be seen on unique pipes that resemble Swiss cheese.
- The reti percolator comes with two cylinders, one inside the other with slits cut diagonally on the opposite ends.
- Next up are the cyclone or turbine designs. These have slits cut along the side and are angled to force the water to spin in a cyclone or turbine-like manner.
As you can see, there are a lot of different options you can go with when it comes to purchasing the perfect percolator. These are just a few unique designs you can choose from since the industry is always coming up with new and new ideas and it’s hard to present each and every unique design. With this in mind, feel free to contact or visit us, we are sure we can hook you up with the percolator that will best fit your smoking needs!